the pirate fall

Saturday, November 11, 2006

hip hip hooray.

One of the things that i've discovered about myself recently is: i love colorado. i realize, all my life i have written this cold and spacious state off on my list of "places to stay for an extended period of time." and i dont know why. its amazing, due to is spectacular skiing, loominous mountains, and abundance of snow. seriously, that state is out of control. besides, dumb and dumber was filmed there.
The mobile trip was good. not excellent, not horrible, just good. and confusing, at times. california was the best. the first stop we made was in Auburn CA, and strangely enough, it was good to be there. Aurbun holds a special place in my heart, mainly for being the very place where my hatred of the church started. And apparently, ended. Ours is a God of healing, peoples. hooray.
From auburn to San FRAn where we stayed at the YWAM base there, then off to San Jose, to Santa cruz, to Frezno. every place we went we were blown away by people. we were so blessed. we always had a place stay, always had food, showers, and amazing company. i only hope we got to bless people as much as we were blessed.
so anyway, the mobile trip ended in Colorado for the GO!conference. i admit, i was not expecting much from this conference, having been to numerous less than amazing christian gatherings. but it was good. i met with God, whatever that means. i didnt necessarily have have any questions answered, but i felt peace. and of course, my love for missions was only fueled even more than usual. to see hundreds of teenagers impassioned about christ and about reaching the lost is incredible. it about floored me.
now, i am back in salem. i dont feel out of place, i dont feel anxious, and i dont feel like i have let God down. this is most triumphant. i feel like God may even delight in me. delight. in. me. this is revolutionary.

6 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

it did me heart good to see you, lassie.

8:37 PM  
Blogger shawnalyne said...

I delight in you, too.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Lo said...

my heart swells so!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Krispin Mayfield said...

It is always wonderful to see you, and today was particularly encouraging.

P.S. I can't wait for Turkey Day.

1:05 AM  
Blogger lindsay anne said...

I agree with everyone's comments here!
esp the thanksgiving part.
:)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write On

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home